Virginia's Largest Hackathon Yet! One HACK UVA good time!
hack.UVA is a 36-hour programming event where you, along with other developers, designers, and enrepreneurs work together to create a web or mobile application from scratch.
$5,920 in prizes
Best Game Related Hack - Xbox One
Best Graphics/Image Processing Hack - GeForce GTX 780 Graphics Card
Best Crypto-currency Hack - 1,000,000 DogeCoin
Best Use of Kloudless API - 1 Parrot A.R. Drone
Best Use of SendGrid API - Vacuum Tube Alarm Clock Kit
Best use of Twilio API - 4 Chromecasts
Best Use of OSF API - One Raspberry Pi for each participant
Submitting to this hackathon could earn you:
Teams can be anywhere from one to four people. If you are looking for teammates before the challenge, use ChallengePost's built in team-finding feature to find those who need your skills (or have the skills you want).
- Platforms: (iOS, Android, Web / Mobile Web, Mac, Windows, hardware hacks)
- Must include both submission and (screenshot or video)
- Must select which sponsorship prizes you are going for
How to enter
- Each teammate must create a ChallengePost account
- Assign a teammate to a draft submission
- Make your app (any platform is accepted)!
- (Optional) Take a screenshot of your demo
- Submit your app
- Attend the demo fair
- Wait for judging announcements and final demos
Co-founder of Reddit and Hipmunk
Director of HackCville
Is the hack just another generic social/mobile app? Does it add an element of novelty or a fresh approach to a classic problem?
Is the hack well designed? Usable in its current state? Does the user experience appear to be smooth?
Does it showcase technical talent? Is the depth of implementation within the 36 hour time limit impressive?